IMAGINE if I had never started this blog. Would it have mattered? I suppose not, in the grand scheme of things. Did the world really need another mommy blog?
In the little part of the universe where I wanted a creative outlet, wanted to connect with other moms, other M.O.B.s, other bloggers, and wanted to learn some new skills, YES, it would have mattered.
I haven’t made it big as a mommy blogger in these past two years (though that wasn’t quite what I had set out to do). But I also haven’t given up, and I hope you’ve enjoyed what you’ve read so far, have found it helpful — with tips/tricks, relatable stories, and lots of laughs. I’m going to shoot for year 3 now with the goal of growing my audience. (Shameless plug: You can help! If you like what you read, spread the word and share the blog.)
- A detailed catalog of memories and stories that capture my kids’ childhood
- An online journal of sorts, that holds reflections and perspective from this time of my life
- So much learning (with soooooo much more learning to do!) and new experiences with things I didn’t even know about 2 years ago (think Canva, SEO, WordPress, Pinterest-ready images, tags, keywords, social share groups, blogger networks, affiliate links . . . the list goes on!)
- New “friends” in the blogger/writer/social media space. Special thank you to:
- Jaclyn at Coffee, Pancakes, and Dreams for the support, comments and connection
- Jen, at Productive and Pretty, for helping me get started
- Lauren, from The Fifth Trimester, for telling me years ago “Maybe consider a blog?” when I told her about an idea I had for a book, and for letting me bounce random ideas (often bad ideas) off of her
- Jermaine, for letting me peg him with questions, and for his patience as he shares his expertise in a manner even a newbie can (most of the time) grasp
- The many social media blogger groups, with a special call-out to I’m So Blogging This for the great support and learning opportunities
- A chance to discover new favorites of my own, like Mom Wine Repeat , Our Tiny Nest , Hashtag Life With Boys, and so many more!
- And, last but certainly not least, the thrill of IMAGINING I could do something, and then going after it and doing it.
HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY, M.O.B. TRUTHS, and here’s to many more!