Hi, I’m Karen! I’m a wife, friend, sister, daughter, professional, a self-proclaimed girly-girl, and, in my most surprising role ever — I’m a Mother of Boys — THREE BOYS!
I started this blog because being a Mother of Boys (M.O.B.) is quite an adventure, and one I truly wasn’t expecting! I somehow always just pictured myself having daughters. But here I am, a full-fledged M.O.B., and LOVING IT. There’s a lot of unexpected, hilarious, heartwarming stuff that goes on as a M.O.B., and in parenting in general, and I’d love to connect with other parents to share stories, ideas, tips & tricks, and perspective.
I’m no expert, but I believe this joyful, challenging, hilarious, endearing and exhausting parenting adventure is worth sharing, so I’m thrilled that you’ve stopped by!
We’re all in this together, so I hope this makes you smile, stop and think, and cherish your own experiences, and I hope you’ll share your stories with me, too.
If you want to know more, here are 5 facts about me:
- I’m colorblind! Very rare for a woman . . . but it’s true.
- I’m fluent in Spanish and am grateful to my first-ever Spanish teacher, a native speaker from Cuba, for instilling in me a love of language.
- Hands down, MILK CHOCOLATE. There’s nothing else better.
- I could probably list at least 150 series or shows I’ve missed out on in the past 15 years, that I hope someday — maybe in retirement — I can catch up on. People will still be talking about Big LIttle LIes and 24 in 25 years or so, right?
- I wrote my first “book” when I was almost 3 years old — about Sesame Street’s Super-Grover crashing into a garbage can. It had three words and a lot of pictures. I’ve been writing ever since.
Anything else you want to know or hear about on the blog? I’d love to hear from you!
I love your website!!
Thank you! Spread the word!
Love your blog!
THANK YOU, Karla!
Thanks, this website is very handy
Your blog is such a fun read! I’m so very blessed by God to be a M.O.B. mom of 4 handsome, delightful rascals, 3, 5, 7, & 9. My husband and I were childhood sweethearts, married at 31, and every 2 years after found us saying, ” Boy, oh boy!” 😁 The thoughts your readers shared are so true. I would also add, don’t take yourself too seriously, and be ready to laugh and be silly often! Nothing compares to the nighttime snuggles and hugs throughout the day! Blessings on you and your darling family.
Awwww, thank you. And cheers to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First of all, I LOVE your blog! As a fellow boy mom, I can relate to so much of this. A boy’s love of his mama is fierce – with all connotations included. I would love to send your littles our super soft shirts designed specifically with little bam-bams in mind from our store http://www.Livingloudly.com. Keep on telling the stories! They are amazing!
Thanks for the love! And your shirts are adorable!