I started this blog because being a Mother of Boys (M.O.B.) is quite an adventure, and one I truly wasn’t expecting! I somehow always just pictured myself having daughters. But here I am, a full-fledged M.O.B., and LOVING IT. There’s a lot of unexpected, hilarious, heartwarming stuff that goes on as a M.O.B., and in parenting in general, and I’d love to connect with other parents to share stories, ideas, tips & tricks, and perspective.
I’m no expert, but I believe this joyful, challenging, hilarious, endearing and exhausting parenting adventure is worth sharing, so I’m thrilled that you’ve stopped by!
We’re all in this together, so I hope this makes you smile, stop and think, and cherish your own experiences, and I hope you’ll share your stories with me, too.
If you want to know more, here are 5 facts about me:
- I’m colorblind! Very rare for a woman . . . but it’s true.
- I’m fluent in Spanish and am grateful to my first-ever Spanish teacher, a native speaker from Cuba, for instilling in me a love of language.
- Hands down, MILK CHOCOLATE. There’s nothing else better.
- I could probably list at least 150 series or shows I’ve missed out on in the past 15 years, that I hope someday — maybe in retirement — I can catch up on. People will still be talking about Big LIttle LIes and 24 in 25 years or so, right?
- I wrote my first “book” when I was almost 3 years old — about Sesame Street’s Super-Grover crashing into a garbage can. It had three words and a lot of pictures. I’ve been writing ever since.
Anything else you want to know or hear about on the blog? I’d love to hear from you!