Mother’s Day is fast-approaching. I wonder if my silly boys will make me breakfast in bed like they often do, only to eat it before I even get a bite!
We hear so much about how boys are all snakes and snails and puppy-dog tails, but they really do have a sweet side, too.
I also often hear that “boys love their mamas,” and of course it’s true, right?
I surveyed boys, guys, men of various ages with one simple question: What do you love about your mom?
The responses were heartwarming and funny and, dare I say, some could be classified as “sugar and spice”-sweet, even!
Let’s see what the boys said:
I LOVE MY MOM BECAUSE:
“She’s pretty. And she loves me.” C, age 8
“She gives unconditional love.” J, age 55
“She is caring and funny, and she supports me.” E, age 7
“She gives me lots of kisses and hugs. She does good things for me.” D, age 4
“Never-ending support, even if she doesn’t agree.” T, age 42
“She’s kind and she plays with me a lot. She lets me fall asleep with her every night, and she’s caring.” R, age 10
“She’s nice, caring, supportive, and picks me up when i’m down.” A, age 13
“She loves me!” J, age 4
“She goes on field trips and she buys me LEGO.” J, age 6
“She goes on field trips, makes us dinner so we don’t starve, and buys us clothes so we aren’t naked!” J, age 9
“She provides us with everything we need and a great education.” J, age 11
“She’s nice. She created me (!), and she takes care of me.” J, age 11
“She is nice and caring. And she feeds me!” J, age 12
“She loves me, and she takes me places.” E, age 10
“She lets us go to Six Flags in NJ!” E, age 6
“She helps me download games for my iphone.” B, age 8
“She snuggles me for an extra few minutes before it’s time to get ready for school.” S, age 10
“She is always thinking about me!” A, age 43
“She is smart, cautious, objective and opinionated!” D, age 42
“She always thinks I can do no wrong (even though I know I can!).” P, age 40
“The most important thing she loves is having everyone together.” A, age 43
So what does all of this tell us?
- First of all, I apparently know a lot of boys whose names start with J!
- Whether they’re 4 years old or 55 years old, these boys recognize how strong Mom’s love is. It spans a lifetime and beyond. Obvious, right? Maybe. But still heartwarming to hear.
- Moms are loved for the concrete (like Six Flags tickets and LEGO!) and the abstract (education, unconditional love).
- Mom’s presence is noticed and appreciated, even when we may not think it is (field trips, extra snuggles before school).
- No matter how many times we tell them to take their hands out of their pants, or we get frustrated because they broke the couch or we send them to their rooms and then yell when they don’t stay there . . . no matter if we’re working moms or stay-at-home-moms, boys love their mommies!!! (and M.O.B.s love their boys!)
What do your boys love about you? Boys, if you’re reading this, go tell your mom what you love about her!
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY TO ALL THE M.OB.s!!!!
Thank you to all the loving boys and men who gave me their answers! Special shout-out to my neighbors, family, friends, and the boys of the Mama in the Now blog
Love this! What a great reminder of how blessed we are as a mothers 🙂 Everything we do and say indeed makes an impression on them!
What a sweet post! Our children are always watching and learning from us, and parenting is a huge responsibility! Happy Mother’s Day!
Exactly! Happy Mother’s Day to you, too!
These are nice sentiments to share. Boys don’t always express or show this kind of appreciation 🙂 Happy Mother’s Day to you!
Right! Thank you!
Happy Mother’s Day! This was such a fun read! We love our boys, too! <3
Happy Mother’s Day! Yes, I love when their sweet side shines through!
That is so sweet Karen. Happy Mother’s day!
Thank you!!!! Happy Mother’s Day to you, too!!!