Have you ever had just 15 minutes you need to pass with your kids, and you desperately need a quick activity to fit into that time? Here’s a quick and easy, yet sparkly and festive, easy holiday craft you can do with even the rowdiest of boys.
Holiday Hanging Ribbons:
What you need:
- Sticky bows
- Curling ribbon
- Clear tape
- (and patience, of course)
What to do:
- Let each child pick their color bow and whichever color ribbon they want.
- Cut several pieces of ribbon — your choice whether to have them all the same length or varying lengths. I usually do a range between 4 and 6 inches.
- Curl each ribbon. (I did it for my 3yo, but allowed R and E to try on their own)
- Attach each ribbon to the sticky underside of the bow.
- Reinforce with clear tape.
- Cut one more piece of ribbon and tie to the top of the bow. Tie it in a loop if you plan to use this as an ornament, or leave it straight if you plan to hang from a door frame.
- Hang it up and enjoy the festive flair!
You may be thinking, “Can’t I just go buy one of those fancy bows that has the squiggly riboon already attached to it?” Yes, you certainly can. Or, you can fill 15 minutes with your kids doing a quick and easy holiday craft that they can feel proud of and which leaves you basically no mess to clean up. In my situation, a dose of patience is also needed, as the boys shouted about whose ribbons were curled better, whose were stuck on the bow better, and whatever else they could find to shout about. But in the end, when we hung up the decorations, they were excited to see their work displayed. And I was excited to hang it high enough up that they can’t easily rip it down and throw it at each other.
What other quick and easy holiday crafts do you do with your kids?
#mobtruths #holidaycrafts #tistheseason #parenting #boymom #raisingboys #raisingsons